Part of mission of the Israel Genealogy Research Association is to help those new to genealogy to get their research started, and expand everyone's knowledge of the resources available to them. This section is an attempt to leverage the knowledge of our many volunteers, to create guides on various topics of interest to our membership, and everyone who uses this web site. This includes research guides for specific countries and regions, as well as information on more general resources available online that is of interest to our members. If you want to contribute a Resource Guide on a different topic, or want to suggest a topic, please contact us.
You need to be logged into this website to access most of these pages. Registration is free, so if you are told that you cannot access a specific page you are interested in, just register for the web site, login, and then try to access the page again.
National, Regional and Ethnic Research Guides
- Latin America
- Latvia / Courland
- South Africa
- Sephardic Genealogy
- United Kingdom
Research in Israel
- Alphabet Aids
- Hevrot Kadishot (Burial Societies)
- How to Request Official Documents from the Ministry of Interior of the State of Israel
- List of Files from the Jerusalem Municipal Archives
- Mohel Ledgers (that are available to the public)
- Montefiore Censuses So far, years 1839, 1840, 1849, 1855, 1866 and 1875. Work continues on the institutions.
- Yad Vashem Resources Handout (from IAJGS Conference, Summer 2015 - PDF format)
General Jewish Genealogy Research
- Hebrew Acronyms on Tombstones and Death Registers
- Jewish Cemeteries - An Annotated Bibliography
- List of Jewish Genealogy Blogs