Hadassah Silver Jubilee 1937 cover The Israel Genealogy Research Association has uploaded four new databases based on material found in the National Archives in London. They deal with various aspects of life under the British Administration of Eretz Israel. The British Mandate was from 1923 through 1948, and therefore the National Archive in London is a resource for genealogy material on Eretz Israel but found outside of Israel. In addition there is a fifth database of material published in the Hadassah Silver Jubilee Year Book in 1937.
• Births in African and Asian Protectorates for the Years 1916-1940 – an extract of those British Nationals born in Palestine
• Deaths in African and Asian Protectorates for the Years 1936-1940 – an extract of those who died in Palestine
• Refugees in Mauritius 1944-45 – 330 people who claimed to be Polish nationals or citizens of the Free City of Danzig.
• Swiss Aliyah Requests 1945 – 213 people requesting permission for aliyah to Eretz Israel, based on the microfilm found at the National Archives (UK) in London.
• National Youth Aliyah Committee of Hadassah 1937 – 76 members of the committee in the United States published in the Hadassah Silver Jubilee Year Book.
The databases are at http://genealogy.org.il/databases/. To search the databases you need to register (for free) on our website.